So we have now completed our fourth round of Clomid and it feels like we are no farther along than we were four months ago. There is some truth in that and some anger. Yes we are not pregnant yet but we do have a lot more information than we had at the start of this. We also are doing more to take care of ourselves. We started to notice that what was supposed to bring Jay and I closer together was starting to tear us apart and because of this we decided to make some big changes.
One of the first changes we made was eliminating stress factors from our lives. This meant not forcing ourselves to be on as strict of a schedule as we normally do. It meant taking a big look at the people in our lives and adjusting boundaries to support a healthy lifestyle. It also meant we needed to be more forgiving with each other.
Going along with the stress elimination we decided to start seeing a therapist that specializes in infertility. We found a wonderful woman who has over twenty years of experience in the field. The first appointment I went alone only because I accidentally booked our appointment when Jay had a business meeting he couldn't miss. I was nervous but it went well. I could tell she was someone who could help us not just navigate the waters as we walk through this but she can help us learn to be stronger as a couple. Our second appointment with her was our first appointment as a couple. It was a lot different than I thought it would be. A whole lot of truth came out but out of that truth we learned one very important thing. We learned as strange as it sounds that love is not the most important part of a relationship but communication is. We walked out with new tools, more forgiveness, grace and a deeper connection. I am really starting to believe that it is not what we go through that makes us stronger but how we go through it.
The next big change we made is our physical health. Yes we are still tobacco free after over four months but the rest of our health habits are not very good right now. So we have adjusted our eating habits and have started an exercise routine. It is no where near where we have to be yet but we are slowly getting better. I just know that I want to be healthy for me, my husband and our unborn children. Some of the biggest changes food wise is getting rid of much of the carbs and junk food. For instance today for lunch I made Jay and I Pad Thai except instead of noodles I replaced them with celery. The best part is the hubby really liked it. As far as exercising I am working toward being able to out run my husband. That might be tricky because he has really long legs and he has youth on his side!
After all of this the question is what is next for us on this journey. Well Wednesday we have an appointment with the urologist and we are all crossing our fingers that they are able to help us so we don't have to go to the endocrinologist. In the meantime while we are working with the urologist we will now be increasing our Clomid to 100 mg a day and we start that on Thursday. So everyone wish my husband luck because from what we understand when you double the Clomid you double the reaction. I will follow back up with you all soon. Here is wishing on a star for the best Christmas present ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment