In some cases the third time is not the charm. In some cases the third time is just what happens before the forth time. Since we started these treatments my cycle has been 33 days long and ovulating on day 19 just like clock work. Monday the 14th was day 32 and I had a negative pregnancy test that morning so I decided to call Dr. B to see what was next. I talked to the advice nurse and I must say I have never like a doctor or the company they worked for more. Women's Healthcare Associates is a company that cares for you and makes you feel like you are their only patient (at least in my experience). Anyway, I digress. I was connected with Barb (there is some irony there right) and I started telling her what was going on. She started taking notes and every time she was just about done writing what I had just said I told her the answer to the next question she hadn't even asked yet. At one point I apologized for not waiting for her to ask me and she giggled and told me that most women at the point I am at have it down but then throughout the rest of the conversation she sincerely reassured me that my time was right around the corner and that she couldn't wait to help me schedule a different type of appointment.
This round was not fun at all to tell the truth. I had to take my Clomid while out of town attending my brother-in-laws wedding. I was completely miserable and trying to have a smile the whole time. Clomid sucks not just for the person taking it but for everyone around them. The side effects seemed to last all month this time which is a double dose of awful. Plus I knew at day 25 it didn't work which made the next 8 days that much harder.
So, what is next for us...next week the hubby has to get tested again and then based on the results of that test compared to the test I just did might mean a different form of treatment. We will know what our options are come 11/7. Until then we get to do round four of Clomid. Yay, go us! Please ignore the sarcasm I am just trying to get the hurt/anger/sadness out of my system. I am tired, I feel beaten and bruised. I think the worse part is that yesterday (day 33 of my cycle and 10/15) was Infant and Pregnancy Loss day. It was hard for me to look at my Facebook news feed because so many people I know were celebrating this solemn day. If you want to visit a great page with lots of information I suggest you visit http://www.october15th.com/
All I really know at this point is that my birthday is next month on the 12th and I hope with all my heart I get the best birthday present ever which would be telling my husband he is going to be a dad exactly three years from the day he proposed to me. In the meantime we will be going on a diet and going to the gym everyday since that is the last thing we can do on a personal level to help this process along. I really hope that I get the birthday present I want this year. That would be a great present and maybe just maybe three is a lucky number after all.
Have you been tested for B12 deficiency? Please see http://b12deficiency.info/infertility---pregnancy.html, if I had known about this or been tested things may have been different
ReplyDelete